For my client, a global engineering, strategic and environmental consulting company, I am looking for:
My client is a global engineering, strategic and environmental consultancy, founded in 1915.
With a century of experience delivering excellence and innovation, they now employ over 2700 engineers, scientists and consultants around the world and it is the passion and expertise of this community, which drives them forward and maintains our position of technical leadership.
As a business, they value respect, integrity, innovation and passion and guided by these values we enable their customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
Software products comprise tools for the analysis of fluid and mechanical engine, powertrain and vehicle systems, with well-established brands such as WAVE, VECTIS and VALDYN.
A vacancy has arisen for a Software Developer based at our Prague Technical Centre to join the team that develops our WAVE 1D fluid simulation product. This position is responsible for the design and implementation of various features and supporting libraries within the WAVE solvers.
- Creating requirements and design specifications for software enhancements
- Delivery of software projects to specification and on time to ISO 9000/TickIT quality standards with appropriate documentation and reviews
- Working individually and in pair/team situations
- Liaising with other department members as necessary to develop requirements and solve problems
The ideal candidate will
- Be at least degree-qualified in engineering or an equivalent technical discipline
- Be interested and skilled in modelling or analysis of fluid systems
- Have 2+ years of experience in software development using Fortran, C or C++ for Unix or Windows based systems
- Be able to work independently as well as with others in a geographically diverse team environment
- Be able to communicate at a technical level in English
Additional skills that would be advantageous include
- Numerical methods and modelling techniques
- Knowledge of fluid mechanics, gas thermodynamics, combustion, chemical kinetics, turbomachinery, acoustics, mechanical systems
- An interest in engines/mechanical engineering
- An interest in Python scripting
- An interest in User interface design and implementation
- An interesting and varied role within an expanding international company, work with latest technologies
- Informal company culture and flexible working hours
- Graduate rotation programme, graduate salary scheme and career progression
- Secured bike storage for active cyclists and a nearby cycle track
- Modern offices close to city centre (tram, metro B) with variety of restaurants and services in the area
- Possibility to travel
- Motivating employee benefit package (annual travel transport ticket reimbursement, contribution to life and pension insurance, sport activities, English lessons within working hours, employee interest free loan etc.)